No one wants dull or damaged hair, so to get those glossy locks, use these amazing home remedies that contain Coconut Oil.
Coconut oil is derived from the fruit of coconut tree. This oil is not only tasty, but also helps to condition your hair and skin. It has many amazing properties that treat your hair, skin and overall health condition.
Does Coconut Oil help Hair?
Coconut oil softens the hair, adds shine to your hair, makes it healthier and treats scalp and hair problems. Have a look at these amazing coconut oil benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the hair. Due to its chemical structure, it can easily penetrate into the cortex (inner part of hair) that can help to improve its strength and flexibility.
- It has nutrients that helps to promote shine and prevents hair loss through styling.
- It contains Capric acid, lauric acid compounds and other essential fatty acids that help to bind the proteins in the hair. It protects both the roots and strands from breakage.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties of coconut oil protect the scalp from infections.
- It has vitamins E and K that nourishes the hair. It also contains linoleic acid that helps to keep the hair well hydrated and maintain its elasticity. It also contains oleic acid that helps to get thicker and stronger hair naturally.
- It also repairs and revitalizes your hair to make it healthy and grow properly.
How to use Coconut Oil on your Hair:
1. Coconut Oil
- Take organic virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
- Boil some water and put the bowl over the water to warm the oil.
- Apply it on your scalp and hair by massaging it thoroughly with your finger tips.
- Wrap a hot towel over your head.
- Leave an hour or two and then wash it off with shampoo and water.
- Repeat it once a week.
2. Coconut Oil with Curry Leaves